2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Friends vs Family


Are friends more important than family?


This is a time tested question, but before you answer think about it for 30 seconds. I mean really put some thought in to it. Now that you have thought about it, I will tell you my answer. I have recently run into more problems with my "friends". Is it easy to rely on someone? Not really. Is it easy to rely on family? That depends.

I have spent 26 good years with my family and about 99% of the time they have stood right beside me helping me succeed in life. If I need something my parents are always there. My sisters have always been comforting and my brothers always charge up good laughter. I think I have been very blessed when it comes to family. I have also been blessed with my in-laws. I am currently living for FREE with them, so I can not complain at all. My in-laws have also been very helpful in the last two years supplying Stephen and I with food, shelter, and love.

OK, so now to the meat and potatoes. I have been slightly overly depressed the last six months of my existence because of the 700+ miles between my spouse and I. This distance has inevitably distanced me from every human around me. I spend more time alone than is deemed healthy for a human. My sadness spreads easily. Don't read into this, I don't want sympathy, just needed to explain my thoughts. Well my friends have decided they are sick of me, they can no longer "deal" with me. I can't blame them, but should I still rely on them for happiness? It turns out that answer has already been chosen for me. They don't want me to rely on them. Not any more.

I guess what is comes down to is no matter what, my family has smiled and helped me through everything. My friends have completely walked away from me because of selfish pride. You decide: Friends over Family or visa versa.

3 comments:

Rogers' Dogs said...

I guess I can't say I know how you feel because I've never been away from Josh and I can't imagine it. Sorry things suck right now! I know it must be hard. - Meagan

Jake said...

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time right now. From experiences I have had I would say that family is more important than friends. Friends come and go but you are kinda stuck with your family! :)

The Seger Family said...

I never been away from my hubby as long as you have but, I think that family is more important than friends. They are definitely there when you need them. Plus, if they are true friends they will be there for you through thick and thin. Give me a call next week or I will call you. Love ya!!!