2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

First there was one... then there were two... now there may be three!!!!

That is right, folks. Stephen and I have decided we may be ready to add to our little family. We have been friends for almost four years and low and behold the two people who said "we will never have children" have made a positive step towards becoming a family!! Shocking, I know! So after a doctors visit it has been confirmed. We will be enjoying the company of a crying, pooping, and lovable baby February 24, 2009!


I am not saying things have been peachy for me the last three months, that would be lying. I have been dealing with ulcers and acid reflux. Apparently, ask any woman who has had a child, pregnancy only makes these stomach issue worse. In my case, much worse. Aside from the acid growing inside my stomach, I can not complain. I am free to move about the cabin with out any turbulence.


You may be wondering how I let this awesome experience slip my mind for the last few months... well to be honest I wasn't really ready to face the fact that I was about to be a Mom and I am 100% positive Stephen was not ready to announce to the world he may have to step up and be a Dad. All in all we are very excited. We made it two and half years with out running into the baby dilemma; however, it is about time we fess up and admit we were wrong to think our lives would be complete with just the two of us. Stephen and I are more than excited to become parents and enjoy what others call, "bliss".


I have posted some proof to our tale, so that you don't think this is one big joke (I am capable of that so be ware). Now for the big guessing game... Boy or Girl!?

12 comments:

Rogers' Dogs said...

Congrats! Pregnancy sucks. Just don't expect much different and you'll be happy haha! The baby part is great though of course. I'm going to vote girl! - Meagan

Jake said...

Wow! I knew that you were going to have a kid! You have been warming up to Connor so much and I could just tell that something was going on! Congrats! I hope that everything goes well!

Jake and Mal said...

YEAH! that's so awesome Julie, congratulations! haha how funny I voted girl too before I saw Meagan's comment. SO AWESOME!!!

Susan said...

Yay....our first look at our grandbaby. It makes it more real, doesn't it, to see the pictures? I am so excited for you and for us, too.

Shanan and Corey said...

Congrats!! I am predicting a boy...but realize I thought I was having a boy and I was wrong so you may want to take that prediction with a grain of salt. hehe

kristen said...

Woo-hoo!! Is it all that its cracked up to be?? We're still having a little too much fun without little kiddies ourselves...are we selfish or what??

Sabs said...

wow! congrats! you might start dreaming of those days when you were "all alone" :) Being a mommy is the hardest and the best thing in the world!!!!

The Seger Family said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you two!!! Being a mom is the best present in the world!!!

M&M Kanet said...

Wow, congrats Julie and Stephen! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well - usually it gets better when you're past the ist trimester as I'm sure you've heard. I think it's a boy!

BrooksBunch said...

Looks like you 2 1/3 are doing good! Well, to be honest I hope it is a BOY so my little guy will have one more crazy active cousin, but it would be nice to have more girls in the family... cuz you won't be seeing any more from us :-)

Tansey said...

Congrats Julie! You are going to be such a fun mom. Hopefully you will start to feel better after the first trimester.

Jeremiah, Sonya, and Jonah said...

Yay! Baby pictures! They look like little aliens in the ultrasounds. Haha. I'm hoping you have a boy, for the same reason Sarah said. :) They could all play together. Plus, I just think boys are easier to handle.