2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Labor Day and beyond!

I had my camera...no pictures were taken. With that being said, I will just tell a little story about the last week. Stephen and I drove up to Colorado to spend time with Craig and Blair. They took us all over town to find the best food in Denver. We ended up eating at a ranch style restaurant that served food "family style". After eating 500 helpings of mashed potatoes and gravy we headed back to their home. We beat Rock Band and are ready for new songs to be released. Our band "Dorqq" has accomplished some pretty high ranks, so those of you that play, be ware!
After watching some interesting movies and eating late night Arby's we headed back to Albuquerque. Stephen dropped me off at the airport and I headed to good ole Las Vegas to spend some quality time with my parents and older sister Sharla.
We spent the first part of the week doing errands for my parents (Sharla and I) and catching up on missing sleep. We picked vegetables in the garden and made some awesome dinners that I even helped make. On one of our many grocery trips to the store I met a woman named Jennifer while waiting for my Mom outside.
She was tiny, to say the least. I saw her grocery cart filled with groceries, However; I doubt she ever partook in actually eating the food she purchased. While sitting next to her for less than five minutes I learned her life story. I was touched. She is 31 (shocking if you saw her) and has lived with her mother and siblings her entire life. She has never had a boyfriend and may never be able to bare children. My heart pounded with sadness as she told me her story. She has not been to school and lived off social security checks sent to her mom on a monthly basis. She and her older siblings were told they could never make it on their own, therefore; she continues to live with her mother for care.
Jennifer was robbed a life. She was handicapped by her own parents and life circumstance. I may be a little sensitive these days, but this really touched me. WE ARE BLESSED! What are the odds that we will be sent to a loving family that will nourish our every need? What are the odds we will even be sent to the United States? Once we arrive, will we be given to a loving family that will work hard to prepare us to take action on our own, or will we be held back by our caretakers selfish desires?
I am truly blessed. I can run when I want, talk to whom I please, and purchase anything I need for survival. I can provide a loving home for a child and give this child a chance to go out into the world and grow. My parents have given me something more than life, they have given me a chance. A chance to pass on the love they gave me, to someone else. I am so grateful I was born into a family that will constantly respect me and provide a life for me. To show my gratitude to my Heavenly Father and my loving parents, I now have the opportunity to raise a child with the help of my loving husband. Together, no matter the circumstance, we can help this child to take on any life challenge.

3 comments:

Michael & Kendra Taylor said...

We really are living the dream. I have learned to be grateful for everything I have been blessed with. more later...

BrooksBunch said...

Thanks for sharing Julie... you are going to be a great parent. Just remember that experience and perspective on sleepless nights and you will be doing great:-)

Melissa & Phil said...

Julie, How are you! It is great to see all that is going on. You will be a great mom. I am expecting my first in about 3 weeks. I am ready for him to come any day. Congrats!!!