2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Leukemia and Lymphoma Society


I just wanted to share with my fellow bloggers a wonderful society that is helping children fight blood cancers. I work for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society as the Pennies for Patients Director. The wonderful woman who ran the Pennies program last year is out sick for an unknown amount of time. For the time being, I work full time and have taken over her position. It is a wonderful and rewarding position. I help the schools set up the Pennies for Patients program by putting on assemblies and calling around to get sponsors for pizza parties and pasta parties.
If you are a school teacher this is a great way to give back to the community. I suggest every teacher take a look at the Pennies program just to see how many children have been blessed by the support. I, honestly, did not know a lot about leukemia when I interviewed for the job. In the last three weeks, however; I have learned a life time of knowledge. Leukemia can strike anyone at anytime. There is no cure. While I have been at work the Team in Training has lost some great Leukemia survivors. I am so grateful to have this position and to truly give back to my community. Check out the LLS website if you are up for a little knowledge booster. www.lls.org
Have a wonderful Sunday!

3 comments:

Shanan and Corey said...

it is definitely a worthwhile cause. I am glad you are happy working there. :)

Andrea said...

Hey, your blog is pretty cool! It's great that you have such a worthwhile place to work. :-)

BrooksBunch said...

Wow, what a great job! I have a friend my age who had her bone marrow transplant 3 months ago and is doing well with it now, what a crazy process to go through and she has one little girl to take care of. Hope all is well with you 2 1/2 :-)