2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Is this supposed to be a compliment?

Today, I strolled into work, "la la la" minding my own business.

I walked in and cheerfully said "hello" to the three ladies gabbing up front. As I signed in to record my time, an older woman said to me....

"You look so cute pregnant, it looks like you could be having twins!"

Trust me, shock rang across my face. It sounded so nice and sweet, as if it was a compliment. She masked a nasty "fat" comment with a sweet tone.

No, I am NOT having twins. This is ONE baby... one big baby boy. He will be big, he likes to eat, and he is a little lazy about his works out lately. So yeah, he has gained some weight, he feels bad, why should we rub it in? He is working on getting better.

Things I took for granted:

1) My figure!
Never again will I complain about being fat!
2) Sleeping on my stomach
3) Sleeping
4) Motivation
Has been gone for months now and I am lucky I get up in the morning.
5) Running three miles with ease
Now I am lucky to make it 10 steps with out running out of breath
6) Clothing
7) Compliments

Honestly, the list could go on, but I truly have learned to appreciate my mother and her sacrifice for me. I was basically offered a full time job starting in January with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This would be my dream job with a GREAT pay. I will now step aside and walk away from something out of selflessness.

To each mother, I applaud you and your sacrifice. Thank you for making our world a better world by raising good children.

To my Mother... No words can ever express my deep gratitude for your sacrifice to ensure I live a spiritual and privileged life.

Thank you!


7 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't believe she said that -- not only rude, but untrue! :-/ Like pregnancy isn't hard enough without people's strange comments . . . :-)

Lloyd and Joni said...

Yeah, there's a reason why they call old people senial(sp?).....you look AMAZING!!

Michael & Kendra Taylor said...

...so sorry...

Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen said...

Craig can't wait for your TWINS to arrive! hahahahahahahahahahaha.....

RUDE!- some people shouldn't be allowed to speak in public.

Poor little baby lost his workout motivation hahaha...that is funny. We will be great friends.

BrooksBunch said...

Don't worry... you will have that cute baby in no time and you'll be wondering "Was I really pregnant and was I really that big?" Oh wait, that's what I am saying now... it goes by fast so enjoy those rude comments and belly stares that people will give you... it's part of the pregnancy package:-) Mama's really do sacrifice a lot ~ lucky us, we get to learn and grow with our kiddos.

Melissa & Phil said...

Julie, you look great! Don't worry your cloths will fit again and it is so worth it. They are so fun!

Sabs said...

whenever i got rude "compliments" i had to bite my tongue and not give them the same "compliment" right back. why is ok to tell a hormonal preg lady she's fat but not ok to tell the fat person that they really are fat!:)

i had a really hard time when my first was a newborn bc all i could think of was all that i was sacrificing. Now that i have 2 toddlers its really less and less sacrafices and more and more blessings!