2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kidney Stones + Pregnancy = 3 AM hospital visit!

Monday morning, 3 AM, and massive pain. This would be kidney stone number two for me within the last three months. I am not sure if Kidney stones are a side effect of pregnancy but I will say I do not drink caffeine. Either way, I woke up at 1:30 AM and an hour and a half later decided I needed real medical attention. After a scan of both my kidneys (and no pain meds) my doctor said I have another kidney stone that is just ready to come out as well!!!!
I suppose I will weather the storm of my third kidney stone drug free as well so that my little baby can come out happy and healthy with out being addicted to extra strength Tylenol. I suppose if I have gone through three kidney stones before giving birth I should be prepared for labor, right?

7 comments:

Kayla said...

Poor girl! No one should have to be that prepared for labor.

Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen said...

Yeah! Those boys always say kidney stones are worse than labor pains...if this is really true, then labor will be a breeze for you!! I hope you are feeling better.... :)

kristen said...

Man, that sounds like the pits. It sounds like your labor will be a breeze compared to that kind of pain (ha- but what do I know??)

Lindsey & Brett said...

That really, REALLY sucks. I'm sorry, cousin. I'm nervous about having kids now. What are the chances that I don't get them?

The McCullough Crew said...

Okay, have to say I never got a kidney stone, EVER! And I've been prego twice. That's insane! I have to say though, your kid will not be jacked up if you use meds during the birth. In fact I highly recommend it.

Jake and Mal said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you have to have both kidney stones and pregnancy at the same time :) I've heard from those who've experienced both that kidney stones are worse! So here's to hoping labor is a breeze.

Andrea said...

Ouch! Well, if you want to study up on natural pain relief techniques (meant for labor, probably work for other things too), I don't think I'll be needing my book anymore . . . :-)