2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving '08

Stephen and I had a great trip to the small town of Kingman, Arizona over Thanksgiving. We woke up at 4 am to make the 6 hour trip. Along the way we came across an Arizona winter storm. It snowed for about two hours of our trip and I was surprised to see how much snow had actually fallen and STUCK! We took a few pictures of the snow as we drove 35 miles an hour through the icy patches.


We arrived in Kingman just in time to join the family playing rock band. I learned how to play the drums and watched Kendra and Micheal beat all of the family at playing the drums. We turned on Mario Kart and Stephen began his weekend long domination. I had to force him to play other characters in order to beat him. Friday all the guys went golfing for 5 hours while the girls went out for a nice movie (Twilight, my second time) and shopping. I love hanging out with my sisters and sisters-in-law. We had a lot of fun talking and shopping. I got to hold my new little nephew while the girls were in the movie and I learned that babies need a lot of attention. Am I ready?



Saturday and Sunday we did a lot of laying around and, of course, headed to church. I am so grateful I got to spend 4 days with all of my family. Everyone is happily married and have lives of their own. It is awesome to get to see each of them and get the entire Skousen family together.



I can't wait for Christmas!!

5 Things I am thankful for:
1) An awesome husband who rubs my back each night
2) A forever family! We all get along so well and I am happy to spend eternity with them!
3) A healthy baby boy who is less than 3 months away from joining my family
4) A beautiful home in Albuquerque (yes, my apartment)
5) A great job that has helped pay the bills for the last 4 months
Happy Holidays

2 comments:

Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen said...

YES! This was so fun. I can't wait for Christmas and more Skousen adventures!

Shanan, Corey and Danica said...

Ahh sounds like an awesome weekend!