2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Friday, March 13, 2009

What I learned...

After the experience of pregnancy, labor, then delivery I have learned many valuable lessons. The most important lesson I learned was that I can rely on my Heavenly Father to help me through any situation. I am truly blessed to now have a beautiful son who is a delight to be with all day. I am loved by friends, family, and even acquaintances. Many people sent their well wishes, prayers, and even made dinner for my little family. I am so blessed to have good friends here in Albuquerque and a loving family who is willing to drop everything and drive 7 long hours to spend time with me. I learned not to take anything for granted, even if it is something so small like the 5 minutes between contractions.
I have learned that a child truly is a blessing and not all family's are as lucky as mine. While we spent 7 excruciating days in the NICU another baby had been there for much longer and we left long before they did. We are blessed.
I plan to have ONE more baby and I will say I will be much more prepared the second time. Stephen is the most amazing husband and father. I am blessed. He will do anything to make me happy even if that means he misses out on a few hours of sleep. I love him! I love Edward! He is a joy. He brings a new meaning to my life. I am so grateful to be a mother.

4 comments:

Shanan, Corey and Danica said...

Amen! I know what you mean...a baby puts a lot of things into perspective. But I also understand only wanting to do that one more time...I know I only want two total. :)

Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen said...

Oh I hope its a girl! You better get working on it...

hehe, jk jk...enjoy the 'calmness' of one baby. I bet he is so cute!! We cant wait to come down :)

Heidi said...

Well said Julie!

Christine said...

I am so glad to hear that you are not letting this deter you from having more children because honestly, it is only a very small part of the whole experience. And being a mom really is so rewarding!! Keep it up