2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday...

2005


2006

2007
Just sitting here wondering what to do with this beautiful Monday and can't think of much. Edward, somehow, slept in until 8:00 AM! What? I thought he was going to have a rough night because he wasn't feeling well yesterday so I went to bed at 8:30 PM. Yes, that is right readers, Eight Thirty! So I awoke well before 7:00 AM and have been wondering around the house waiting for him to wake up. It is incredibly windy today and slightly cold so going outside has not become an option for me. I am READY for it to be summer. Is it summer yet? How about now? I heard it snowed in Utah... weird.
I was thinking, the other day, about marriage. Stephen believes every relationship has a "crack". Some are small and some multiply with time. I thought about the "crack" in our relationship. Sometimes it seems like the size of the Grand Canyon. Other times it barely exists. We try to avoid the topic as much as possible; however, as every married couple, or couple for that matter, knows... that is impossible. The cracks show every once in a while. I would LOVE to pretend our relationship is PERFECT, but that is a lie. Stephen believes we are incredibly lucky because we just have the one small crack. I am just wondering... does everyone believe this? OR are we all hiding under the mask of our front door? (Meaning... do we pretend things are perfect when they are not?)
I can't decide if it is better to proclaim your cracks or just let them lie and let people believe the facade. I will say this... I have NEVER been happier in my entire life, well the life I can remember. I am sure I had amazing experiences as a child and I know I was happy; however, I feel TRULY happy and blessed and lucky and, OK, just overall HAPPY. So I think our little crack is OK as long as it never grows.
Just some food for thought on this beautiful Monday.
2008
Also, if you read this far... Stephen and I will be in Phoenix next weekend. Craig and Blair are hosting a little party for us (and mostly Stephen). If you would like to come, leave me a comment and I will send you the information. We would love to be able to see everyone and that includes you!


2010




4 comments:

Heidi said...

Yes, I believe all couples have "cracks" in their relationship. If they say they don't, they are clearly trying to hide something. I think that if people were more honest about their lives, it would make others feel better about themselves. I know it always makes me feel more "normal" when I hear about imperfections in marriages and personal lives. I can't relate to people who put on a facade about their life.

Andrea said...

We didn't always have one . . . but now we do. But in some ways it's made us stronger as we feel more inclined to show our love instead of just assuming it . . .

Lindsey and Brett said...

My mom always told me that the two biggest things couples fight about are money and sex and it is definitely true. But I think Brett and I have gotten pretty good at reading each other and working together to smooth out the kinks. Marriage is definitely work.

Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen said...

I can't think of our cracks, but I am sure they are coming eventually. BUT I think it is lame when people pretend to be perfect, because these things won't solve themselves, you know? But there is also a line to draw. No one wants to air their dirty laundry :)