2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Swim lessons, Fathers day, and a new Pool!

We have had a fantastic summer thus far. Edward started the summer with swim lesson, which he loved! He would grab his towel and head for the door each evening as swim lessons approached. He was really good about going under the water and jumping in the pool; however, he did not blow any bubbles. I think he was the only kid in the class who didn't figure that part out. We smiled, laughed, and had a great time swimming for the entire 45 minute lesson.
For Father's day, Edward and I made a card and a special lunch for Stephen. He had to work on Father's day, so that was a little bit of a bummer. While Stephen was at work we made a great dinner of pulled pork sandwiches and an amazing easy to make desert. (I will post the recipe for those interested) YUM!
Since Edward loved swimming so much, I went to Target and purchased a little back yard pool. I will say he would much rather throw rocks into the pool than get in and swim. I think he liked the big public pool because we were in there with him.


I am sure there are many more adventures to come this summer and I can't wait!
Also, I am planning to have another giveaway real soon... so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen said...

Aww Julie, you are still soooo super tiny! Is there a baby in there? :)

Edward is such a HAM!! He looks like he loves swimming... <3

Heidi said...

Hmmm...could that possibly be a baby bump at 19 weeks?? It's so tiny, I can't tell!!! You're adorable, Jules!

Lindsey and Brett said...

That's good that he likes swimming. And seriously, Julie, you barely look pregnant.

Rob N Amy said...

He is so darling! Time has just flown. I can't believe how big he is already!