2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Do you ever feel...

Like your failing as a parent, spouse, or person? Do you ever wonder why you get upset about things that actually don't matter to you at all? Or is that just me? How do I stop just surviving and start living everyday instead of just some days? Isn't it interesting how postpartum depression can sneak up on you. I thought I had beat it this time, but here it is; staring me in the face. My excuse for feeling low with Edward was because he cried a lot. I can't claim that now. Nolen is such a wonderful baby. He sleeps. He is happy. He is lovable. So I guess I can say that my emotions are running away with me. I am sure, this too, shall pass.


I will put my universal apology out for all. Sorry if I said (or say) something that offends you or doesn't really make sense. I am trying to come back to myself. It may take some time, but I will get there.


"The saving ordinances received in the temple that permit us to someday return to our Heavenly Father in an eternal family relationship and to be endowed with blessings and power from on high are worth every sacrifice and every effort.” President Monson

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh honey, I feel horrible for you! Isn't it weird how PPD can start up months after the baby is born?! I always imagined I would get it right after the birth, but I have since learned that that isn't always the case. I completely know how you feel, and if you need anything...ANYTHING at all...please let me know! If you want my phone number just to chat, e-mail me and I'll send it to you. Hang in there, Jules! I know you can't see past the dark clouds right now, but you will eventually see blue skies once again. Love you, girl!

Tiffany said...

I feel so bad! I'm an awful friend!!! If you want/need me to come over any time, I will!!! Maybe you're feeling down because you moved to the wrong side of town! Just kidding! :) If I call, will you answer one of your phones? :)

Lindsey and Brett said...

I feel like I'm failing as a parent, spouse, and person all the time and I don't have PPD, so don't worry about it. If it's really bad, why don't you ask your doctor for a prescription for a little while. I was talking with some women in the ward here the other day and one said she got really bad PPD with her first one, so when she had her second child she got medication right away and she was over it in about a month. But no matter what you do, you are a great mother, wife, and person. You'll get through this. Love you!

Kayla said...

Amen to what Lindsey said. I feel like I am in survival mode so much of the time. Some days there are only snip-its of fun Mommy times. Having two is tough, especially when they are so young. I am way impressed that you performed in a show. That must have been a fun release.