2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Kingman in September

We had the greatest time in Kingman this last week.  We did everything Kingman had to offer and them some.  The boys had a fun time playing with cousins and helping Grandpa with projects like cleaning out the pond and taking care of the fish.


We celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday and all pitched in to get him an awesome Rolex watch.  We a fake one in with the real one to see if he could tell which one was the right one.  I think he loved it.



We spent another day out at Wade and Sharla's gold mine shooting guns and riding 4-wheelers.  I forgot about all the dirt and cow poop involved in heading out in to the desert so maybe this trip will be more fun when Nolen can walk.  He was stuck in the car most of the time because he really, really wanted to eat the cow poo.



Edward had a "small" accident on the way to the gold mine.  My Dad spent the drive getting out and "pruning the desert" so that his truck wouldn't get scratched and Edward's diaper could not hold any more, so we had to set his new wranglers out in the sun to dry.




Nolen is patiently waiting for his turn to shoot the gun.



After an awesome day shooting guns we spent the evening at the train park in Kingman.  Edward and Nolen love trains.  Surprisingly, I had not taken them there in past trips.  They had a great time climbing up the steps and pretending to drive the train with Grandma.





Another adventure we hadn't done in the past was to ride one of the 10-15 horses that are in the back yard.  Edward kept saying how he wanted to take Rose home with us.  So much fun.



We have the greatest time taking baths in Grandma's HUGE bath tub and then reading books with Grandpa at night before bed.  Edward and his cousin, Logan, have the greatest time together.



As I was getting ready to leave, I let the boys out in the back yard to play.  I forgot that it had rained the night before and I didn't really think they would find their way to the mud, but they did.  I walked outside to find this....


We had such a great time and I miss Kingman the moment we leave.  Until next time.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

It looks like you had an awesome trip to K-town! I am super duper jealous of the whole horse thing!!!!! I rode horses once about 10 years ago and loved it! I wish we could ride them whenever we wanted, they are so majestic and beautiful! I love the pic of Nolen trying to look under the train...super cute!

Paul and Aliisa said...

What a GREAT experience for your boys! Who's kid is Logan? Does Sharla have any? Maybe you'll make your way closer to Kingman in the future? In any case, you have a great family!