2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 is on its way...











I figured I would post the most random pictures of our Christmas Holiday.  We had an amazing time with my sister, Kendra and her husband Micheal.  We really didn't do much except try and sleep then play with toys.  The boys loved every minute of it.
A job opening has come up in Phoenix.  Our goal was always to return to Phoenix and be near family; however, 3 1/2 years has changed my opinion of Albuquerque.  I thought I would leave this place and never look back.  Now I am finding it hard to leave.  I haven't made a lot of friends, but the friends I have made have changed my life.  They have seen me grow up.  It is true what they say, Albuquerque grows on a person.  I have so many opportunities here and so does Stephen. But do the boys?  Should we stay just for us and not worry too much about what childhood we give the boys?
If we move back to Phoenix, will we be disappointed?  Everyone and everything has changed.  Will they have time for us?  Will our friends and family make time for us, or will be be doing the same things we do here?  I guess I am asking if it is worth it?  We want to be near family but so much has changed it seems as if we are better off here.  Every time we visit Phoenix, our friends say they will visit but they never do.  Is that a sign of how things will be if we move back?  I just don't know.  What life is better?  Is it better here or there? 





Ultimately, I will leave this question up to the Lord.  It is in his hands.

3 comments:

Michael and Kendra Taylor said...

Life is what you make it. It is up to you to make it awesome, whether is be in ABQ or Phoenix (or Tennessee for that matter)..

Good thing you are naturally awesome :)

Andrea Landaker said...

The job opportunity sounds exciting, but we sure love having you here! :-)

Heidi said...

Definitely leave it up to God. But, I also wanted to tell you that I have noticed, as I've gotten older and have had children, my friendships have all changed and have seemed to pass me by. People whom I used to call "my best friends" aren't really even my true friends anymore. It seems that your friendships don't always grow with you, which is sad, but it just means that you're in a different place....maybe even a better place....than you used to be. :)