2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

3.5










My sweet Edward is 3 1/2 today.  I just can't believe is so big now!  He has started to do some amazing things lately.  He shows his maturity every once in a while and then I think, this baby stage doesn't last forever.  He went potty all by himself yesterday!  Wow.  Now if I could just get him to poop on the potty. 
Edward has started to understand concepts more and more these days.  He can name each letter by sight and make the sound for each letter.  He counts perfectly to 20 and can draw in a straight line.  He has started to trace letters and numbers. 
Edward has taken a real interest in the solar system.  Something I know nothing about.  I have researched the planets an tried to memorize where they are and how our solar system works so that I can show him all the really cool things.  I think a telescope would be a perfect 3.5 birthday present.
Edward has started to get back in to Cars the movie.  He wants to play, "Cars 2" and still loves his hot wheels more than anything.
As you can see from the pictures, he still loves his blanket, although; just the other day he said, "This blanket is old." HA!  It's the same age as him!  How funny. 
You can still see some spots still remain from the Hand, Foot, and Mouth.  Edward usually gets the worst of the colds and I think it might have to do with the fact that he spent an unnecessary week in the NICU when he was born.  He was on antibiotics for a week when most babies who aspirate meconium are only on antibiotics for three days.  I believe he has a weak immune system.
Edward can ride the scooter all by himself and has become much more independent.  Edward has also started saying, "I love you, Mom." and has started to understand what it means.  He is very stubborn.  He knows exactly what he likes and what he doesn't.  He has become more articulate and can express himself with out crying. 
Edward is such a joy in my life.  I love this little boy with "crazy" hair and deep blue eyes.  He is so handsome.  He behaves and is kind to his little brother.  I know I say this all the time, but time really does fly by.  I don't want to miss a single moment of his life. 
I love you, Edward!  Happy Half Birthday!

PS Here is a cute smily picture of Nolen.

3 comments:

Andrea Landaker said...

Astronomy, cool! The library has lots of great kids' books about the planets with good pictures. Sapphire likes to play astronaut a lot (like collecting shells on Venus? not sure how that works).

He sure is getting big!

Anonymous said...

Happy 3.5 EB!
-nikki

Heidi said...

Wow, looks like you've got a smart cookie on your hands!!!! Numbers and sounds?! Awesome work, mommy!!! :)