2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Just another day...

I have to say that my boys are actually playing together.  Like, really playing together!  It is amazing! They run around following each other doing things that I hoped they would do years ago.  This is how much ABA therapy has helped.  Nolen now understands how to "play".   Nolen follows Edward and doesn't just play next to him anymore, he plays with him!  This is a HUGE miracle.  These small steps give me a lot of hope for the future. 
Nolen still has a difficult time answering questions.  He doesn't understand that he needs to speak when someone is talking to him.  I get the feeling this may last a life time.  It will take a lot of training for him to understand the art of conversation.  I ask him every morning, "How was your night?"  Silence.  We still have a long way to go; however, I do see progress and that makes my heart happy.
My boys are healthy growing boys who love each other and I sure do love them!  They both got adorable (expensive) hair cuts the other day and they look more grown up and handsome. 







*As I was typing this, the boys made a mud pit.  More on that later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee, they can now be best friends!!! Especially since they have a mud pit together.
Mom

Heidi said...

Cohen didn't start answering our questions until he was 2.5. He was a late talker, and we were worried about it at first, but then one day, he just took off! Hopefully, with the therapy and more time, Nolen will get there, too :)