2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Leaves instead of flowers

Today, I spent the morning with my sweet little Edward. Our first stop was the audiologist. On the way over, we had a conversation that went like this:
Edward started, "Michelle is old, so she has to sleep in the day time."
Me,  "ok"
"Dad is old so he has to sleep in the day time."
"Ok"
"Nolen is new so he doesn't need sleep"
"Yes, Nolen is young so he likes to wake up with the sun. So, I wake up with the sun, am I young, Edward?"
He almost laughed as he quickly said, "No, Mom, your old!"
Instead of bringing me flowers, Edward finds dead leaves to bring me when I pick him up from school. I asked why he brings leaves and he said matter of factly, "because you love leaves, Mom."
So I guess that settles it.
After the audiologist, Edward and I met up with my friend holly for sandwiches and icecream, then I dropped my growing boy off at preschool. 
I love this little guy. He is becoming a gentleman and has been so respectful lately. These are the best days!

No comments: