2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

A mostly unadventurous trip to K-town

For months, I  have been planning a trip to Kingman to celebrate my parents 40th anniversary.  We were going to spend the week in Kingman, then drive down to Gilbert and walk through the new temple being built.  Well, a show I have wanted to be in since 2003 has finally come to ABQ and the auditions are this Saturday.  So my plans changed dramatically.  We decided to go a week early and play with grandma and grandpa Skousen for a week.
 
We rode the Dune Buggy, a lot.
 


 
We flew the kite.






 
And, we rode some bikes.






 
Our drive to Kingman was extremely uneventful and was fast.  6 1/2 hours total on the road.  It was amazing.  The boys were good and only needed to use the bathroom one time.
Our trip home; however, was the extreme opposite of uneventful.  About 1 hour out of Kingman, Nolen realized we were not going back grandma's house, so he cried about it the rest of the way home.  After driving through Flagstaff, Nolen decided he needed to pee.  I pulled over on the side of the road and got him out.  Then we carried on our way.  About 1 hour later, near no towns at all, Edward barfed.  A lot.  So, I found an abandoned exit and cleaned him up, and the car seat with about 1 million wipes.  Then I drove on my way.  10 minutes later, Nolen needed to pee again.  I pulled over.  This time a cop pulled behind me to see if I was OK.  All along the drive I had seen a lot of Highway Patrol.  So I wasn't speeding.  After we stopped for gas, I had 2 hours left to go.  I started driving with a pack of drivers who were doing about 84.  Then I saw the Highway patrol.  He did a U-turn and jumped on the freeway.  I knew I was going to get pulled over because I was behind the pack.  Well, the cop pushed me off the road and then passed me.  So I got back on the road and kept driving as the pulled the car over in front of me.  Weird.  Anyhow, about 10 minutes later, the EXACT same thing happens to me.  A highway patrol pushes me off the road to pull over someone else.  Luckily, I made it home.  Nolen threw a HUGE tantrum because he wanted to go back to grandma's house.  7 Hours on the road.  BLAH!
Mostly, it was a good trip.  Nolen did OK and Edward was happy to play with his cousins.  Until next time, Kingman. 

Update: I did not get cast in the show.  Rats!  It is one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Yikes!!!! That sounds like the trip from you-know where! LOL!