2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Happy 5th birthday to my little man, Edward!

5! F I V E! Today, Edward is five.  I can not believe how fast he has grown up.  The first year of his life seemed to last forever.  Now, in the blink of an eye, he is 5.  He is growing up so fast.  He is no longer a baby, or a toddler, or even a pre-schooler.  He is a boy.  Or, as I call him, "My little Man". 
Edward loves Hot wheels.  I am starting to believe that may never change.  He loves cars.  He loves everything to do with anything with wheels.  He has recently been getting in to Legos, so we shall see how long it lasts.  I bought him a few Lego cars for his birthday. 
Edward is vivacious.  He loves to laugh and be loud.  He plays hard and sleeps hard.  He can still be very sassy.  He loves his long hair.  He never wants it to be cut.  Surprisingly, it is always me forcing him to cut his hair.  Edward loves his pre-school class with Ms. Lisa.  He is friends with everyone in his class.  He loves to play.  He loves to pretend.  He still begs for Stephen or I to play with him all day long.  Most importantly, he loves to play with Nolen.  Those two do everything together.  I am so happy.  Last year, I didn't think it would be possible.  My heart was broken.  This year, the two are virtually inseparable.  I do not know what Nolen will do when Edward goes to kindergarten in the Fall.   Edward loves to play with marbles and model cars.  He says he is not ready for a pedal bike and still loves his strider, although he is nearly too big for it now. 
Edward still loves to eat.  He will eat anything.  Sushi, eggs and toast, hot dogs, quinoa, sea weed, and so many other exotics foods I would have never dreamed of eating as a child.  He is usually good company for anyone he is around.  He has such a sweet, loving disposition.  I really hope it sticks.  Edward is caring, compassionate, and fiercely loyal.  His best friend is still Sapphire, who lives all the way across town. 
I love my sweet little Edward.  He is the boy who made me a Mom.  He changed the course of my life forever.  This little man has become one of the most important people in my life.  I am forever grateful for the opportunity to be his mother.  He is amazing.
I love you, Edward Forrest Barnes.
 
Happy 5th Birthday!





































1 comment:

Heidi said...

Happy birthday, Edward!