2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Family Vacation time!

Every year we do a family vacation. It is so tough to get everyone together and when we all make the effort, it can be magic.  This year was truly magical.  We were all feeling the drain on our pocket books so we decided to meet up in good ole Kingman, Arizona.  This was the perfect place to be this year. 
We started our trip off boating on Lake Mohave.  I didn't get a lot of pictures and I regret that; however, cameras and water don't usually mix.  We were having so much fun, I barely stopped for a break.  We rented a ski boat and 5 jet ski's.  There wasn't any time to sit around and be bored.  Stephen and I even took Nolen to jump off a few cliffs.  He loved it, by the way. 





 
As usual, I try to update our family photos.  We all went to church together at our "home" ward in Kingman, then at noon, we took pictures.  That is the absolute worst lighting, but at least we got everyone in the pictures.



























 
We  had planned to shoot guns on Saturday; however, the group was exhausted, so we shot some guns after church.  Later that night we had a BBQ at Jared and Sandy's house to celebrate Landon's 12th birthday.  All the boys had a great time swimming in their new pool. 


















 
Monday, we took all the quads out and went up in to the Hualapai's.  It was at least 15 degrees cooler up there and so beautiful.  Edward rode the small 50 all by himself for the first time this weekend.  I was so proud of him. 
















Tuesday, the boys went golfing and the girls took the horses to the stream by our house.  It was so relaxing to spend time with just my sisters.  We are all so alike.  I really miss riding horses.  Maybe someday, in the far away future, I can get a horse.

















 










 

We actually started our trip in Phoenix; however, I only took one picture while we were there.  We did see Grandma Susan and a few of our cousins.  We even got to go swimming!

 
We had a relaxing time and are always glad to see family.  Here's to the next family vacation in a year.

1 comment:

Andrea Landaker said...

Looks like a fun trip! Awesome! Hope Edward feels better soon!