2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Upstairs Make-over

After 2 years in this house, it was time to do some much needed decorating.  This house was basically move-in  ready but there were a few things I wanted to change and make my own.  First stop, the guest room.  This room was "cabin" themed and adorable with all the right furniture; however, all that cute stuff was the previous owners.  So, I had to sort of start from scratch. 

Before

 
 After


 
Nolen's room was plain white.  It had a lot of patches and needed a real make-over.  I was waiting until he slept in a big boy bed; however, that day is not coming any time soon.  So it was time to paint and put up pictures.  I went with the boat theme and think it worked out perfect!





 
Edward's room was already painted a cute color and just needed some pictures.  He is in LOVE with cars, so it was only natural to go with vintage cars; although, he saw Nolen's room and said he wanted boats, too!





It took Amanda and I one week to get all of this done. I am so proud of her.  She worked so hard and was able to finish painting and decorating much sooner than I expected!  Now on to the loft and to finish decorating my room. 

2 comments:

Paul and Aliisa said...

Great Job! I am in the middle (as we speak) of redoing Baelor's and Reina's room as well! We are moving Baelor into a big boy bed and decided to redo everything. The crazy thing is that I am making his room a boat theme too! We'll see how it turns out. Wish I could've helped you decorate. I love that kind of stuff :)

Heidi said...

WOW, I love your decorating skills!!! Come do my house, please! ;)