2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Monday, July 21, 2014

A Summer of Swimming

We have spent the entire summer at the pool.  I loved to swim as a kid and I really wanted to pass that love of the water on to my children.  So far, they love it!  Edward can actually swim this summer.  I am not so nervous to take him swimming any more. He can jump in to the deep end of the pool and safely swim to the other side.  He can almost dive in!  He loves to see how deep he can go and try to touch the bottom of the pool.  We have the BEST neighbor (yes, be jealous) who let's us swim in her pool.  My boys have LOVED IT!  We have done private swim lessons through a lady in our neighborhood and she has been AMAZING!  I can not say enough good stuff about her.  Edward and Nolen have gained essential confidence to help them swim and be comfortable in the water. 
We had two swim parties this year with the city swim lessons.  We look forward to the swim party all summer because the boys get to go down the slides as many times as they want.  Usually, parents can not catch kids or go down with them, so this is a real treat!









 

2 comments:

Paul and Aliisa said...

I really want to get Reina in swim lessons...here we don't really have too many pools. I don't like the class lessons and have always heard much better reviews with private lessons. I will be on the hunt for one! You are very lucky you have such availability for swimming!

Heidi said...

That's awesome that your neighbor allows you to use his pool! I know we love ours and it definitely gets used probably 5 days a week at our house! My kids are fish because of it ;)