2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Disaster and an Audition

Last summer, I sang with the Santa Fe Opera in Fidelio.  It was one of the best experiences in my professional career.  I loved every single moment.  I decided to try for the apprentice program for 2015.  Thousands of people submit their recordings and resume's.  Then they are narrowed down to less than 300 people for the actual audition.  Auditions take place in New York, Chicago, L.A., and Albuquerque.  In August, I submitted my recordings and resume the day before they were due.  Somehow, I was picked to audition!  My recordings were done quickly with the help of my friends Kelly and Laurel.  We recorded at Kelly's church and only went through each aria once.  It was fantastic! 


After weeks of practicing and planning, things seemed to be falling in to place then quickly out of place.  I worked with an amazing vocal coach and accompanist.  I ordered the perfect ball gown only to find that knee length dresses are the best choice.  I ordered two more dresses from the UK and received the wrong sizes.  I moved my hair appointment to the day before my audition so my hair would be perfect!  So many things started going wrong. I took a bunch of headshots and none of them seemed to show my personality.  I saw an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor and had a scope done only to find out that my vocal folds are inflamed and needed a break.  I went to my hair appointment and got the worst hair cut of my life.  It was as if a weed eater was taking to my hair.  It was awful. 

I called my visiting teacher and she fixed my hair.  She let me borrow the perfect red dress, earrings, and necklace.  She is amazing! Everything worked out wonderfully and my audition went perfect!  No matter the outcome, I had a great time and I feel very accomplished as a singer!
 
*Update: I did not get in to the Santa Fe Opera this summer.  Bummer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the cute hairdo and that gorgeous red dress. You look fantastic in that dress