2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Changes and Nolen

Carla Carlisle has been Nolen's personal teacher at church for over a year and a half. She has been a true blessing in my life. I wanted Nolen to be able to attend primary with out me. After praying, a friend suggested having someone be his personal teacher. I spoke with the bishop and he called Sister Carlisle. It was true divine inspiration. She knew exactly how to help him make it to class without my help and without crying! She has been by his side, weekly, over the last year and a half. 
Today was her last Sunday in our ward. She is moving with her family to Colorado. I cried. She cried. I know her calling wasn't easy. It probably wasn't her first choice but she did it with ease and a smile. I am forever grateful for her presence in Nolen's life. 
Heavenly Father has blessed my life with amazing people. Nolen's life is really changing. His ABA therapist moved on, his occupational therapist is changing jobs next week, and his primary teacher is moving. It is a lot of changes for me let alone Nolen. I am confident we will follow the path we have been given with more prayerful insight. 
In the mean time, we will sorely miss Sister Carlisle in our lives. 

1 comment:

Paul and Aliisa said...

Wow! I'm so glad you had such a support at church. We really do have a divine Father in Heaven who loves us each of us more than we can understand. He will continue to help and guide your family. You have such a wonderful family and I enjoy reading all of your posts. You are such a good friend, even miles apart I feel you are someone special.