2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Saturday, September 5, 2015

A million Thank you's!

These last two weeks have been a real whirlwind.  Making it to today took an army.  Last week, I had five photo shoots!  Three of the photo shoots were out of state.  I asked my Mom to drive here to New Mexico to watch my boys while I was out shooting for 3 days.  I would first like to thank my mother for taking off a few days from her very busy schedule to help me.  She is kind, selfless, and most of all, loving.  I am so grateful to have her in my life.
I had written her the boys schedule and left specific instructions.  I left my sweet boys in good hands. She followed everything to a T!  She didn't have a lot of down time but said she had a great time bonding with the boys.
Early Wednesday morning, 4 AM to be exact, I drove to the New Mexico/Arizona boarder to take school photos for a private school.  My photographer friend at http://www.photo.etherdox.com/ gave me some posing tips and let me borrow two of her stools.  Pam has so much knowledge and is such a great photographer.  It was such a great experience.  
After finishing around 4:00 in the afternoon, I drove to Kingman, Arizona.  I did two great photo shoots while in Kingman, but more importantly, I had a tutoring session with Heidi Baitinger at http://mysweetpeasphotography.com/
It was AMAZING! I learned so much and was able to capture this image. 
 Special thanks to Veronica Spencer for letting me borrow her children and cute dog for an impromptu session.
Heidi is so thoughtful and kind. She gave up her time and talents to help me.  I am forever grateful.  I know I have a long way to go, but knowing that I have friends and family who stand behind me will  help push me forward.   Starting my own business has been so scary! I feel inadequate all the time.  I hope, hope, hope I am getting better. 
After driving back to New Mexico Friday evening, I got ready for my fifth photo shoot of the week.  I finished taking all the pictures, then the real big job of editing over 3,000 photos!  It took me one week to get through all of them as I fumbled through photoshop.  I have been taking online classes through Damien Symonds at http://www.damiensymonds.com.au/ and I love everything I have learned.  He is truly a photoshop genius!!  I know I have so many things to learn but I have a great base knowledge of photoshop now thanks to Damien.
I edited all week!  I have very little down time during the week.  It was tough to fit it all in.

In the middle of editing, I received an email letting me know my balance at Bridges was nearing $5000.  I started www.jmbimage.com so that I could pay for Nolen's ABA therapy.  
After talking with a few friends, I decided to start a gofundme account for those that want to help but are either not in Arizona or New Mexico or do not want their picture's taken.  

These last two weeks have been tough.  I am so grateful to my friends, family, and my amazing husband for supporting me.  If I could just find the cure for autism! 

If you would like to help support Nolen please consider having your family pictures taken or visit his gofundme page at http://www.gofundme.com/cn3cju94  

Thank you!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are so welcome!!! It was nice catching up with you! :)