2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Health, Skin, and Beauty!



Over the last 4 years, I have been asked about the beauty products I use for my skin on many occasions.  Just after Nolen was born, I was introduced to Dotera Oils by my sister in law.  She came out to my house and did a class.  I learned so much!  I bought the Family Physicians kit that night and signed up to sell the products.  I mostly signed up to get a discount on the oils.  Dotera has changed my skin care regimen and has helped my skin look younger and healthier.  
I am going to share with you my daily regimen that work for me.  

 I have shared this process with my sister, Kendra, and my sister in law, Blair.  Both look AMAZING! See their transformations at the bottom of this thread.

Beauty starts from within. We have all heard this before and I could go on and on about inner beauty verse outer beauty but today I am talking about WATER.  H2O!
Drinking at least 64 ounces of water is essential to the process.  To cleanse and heal your skin, you much be able to detoxify it and hydrate.  
I carry a 32 oz. bottle of water every where I go.  I try to drink two of them before noon.  Then I work on the next two after lunch.  Doctors recommend closer to 1 Gallon of water daily or 120 ounces! Getting 64 ounces down is tough.  If you are already doing that, then push yourself to drink more.  

Cut out the sugar.  I am also going to include salt here as well.  Eating better in general will improve the look of your skin greatly.  Add more vegetables to your diet and you will be amazed at how great your skin will feel and look.

Stay out of the sun.  This is sort of a no brainer.  However, I fell pray to the tanning beds in my late teens and early twenties.  I tanned outside and in a tanning bed until I was 23.  It was awful. 
I didn't realize the damage until I had a facial when I was 25 and the technician said she could see wrinkles and permanent sun damage!! If you must go in the sun, wear sunscreen!

Invest in a good face wash and make it a priority to wash morning and night. As a teen I suffered from terrible acne.  I saw the dermatologist. I tried birth control. I tried many other crazy chemicals as a teen.  Nothing worked.  I thought the acne would disappear as I aged.  It didn't.  I only got better at hiding it but it did not go away.  I actually still suffer from acne.  If I skip washing my face a few nights in a row, they come back.  Acne is always just around the corner waiting for me to slip up! 
I used to use proactive but it was too expense and I couldn't remember to order it in time.  Now I use the generic version of proactive called Acne Free.  I get it from Walmart or Target for about $17.  I do all three steps.  The wash, the toner, and the lotion.  
If you have a good face wash, then stick with it.  I haven't found anything cheaper or better in 15 years. 

Get sunscreen!  Every single day, I apply sunscreen to my face.  I would rather have pale white skin than look like an old bag of leather.  I use ROC and love it.  After doing some research about wrinkle prevention/correction I found the only scientifically proven wrinkle correction was Retinal.  I use this great combination every morning after I wash my face.  

Dotera OilsI love love love my dotera!  I use four oils for my skin.  At night, after I wash my face and take out my contacts, I apply the oils to my face, neck, and chest.  I usually have some left over so I do the backs of my hands and upper arms.  If I can reach, I will apply it to my back and shoulders.


I start with my hand cupped and add a dime size of coconut oil.  

Then I add one drop of Frankincense and Melalucca.  

Then I squirt one pump of Verage Immortelle Hydrating Serum.  I use this specifically because it has Rose oil in it and is known to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.  

I do not wash it off.  I blend it in to my skin until it is even across my face, neck, and chest.  If I have extra I spread it evenly around my skin.  

I have very dry skin, so you may need to use less or you may need to use more depending on your skin type.  I leave the oil on ALL night.  Usually by morning, my skin has soaked it all up.  

Sleep.  I should probably put this one first.  Sleeping 6-8 hours is essential for skin regeneration. Get more sleep.  I sleep with a concave pillow and a satin pillow case.  The concave pillow prevents any wrinkles from forming because I am a side sleeper.  The last thing I need is my skin smashed against my pillow for 8 hours while I rest.  It's best to sleep on your back, but I know that isn't possible.  A satin pillow case is smooth and doesn't soak up the oil like a cotton pillow case.  
I got mine here for $10 bucks.  

I realize this sounds like a lot of work for good skin, but beautiful healthy skin is worth the extra effort.

I sell Dotera oils but you can always buy them from your friends who sell them or off amazon.  Contact me if you have any questions or want to place an order.


 Blair's before and after pictures.

Below is Kendra's 4 week journey.
Week 1

Week 2
Week 3

                         After!!
6 weeks after starting the puld regime, Kendra is completely acne free! 

To week my four week transformation click here!


No comments: