2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

He's 5. Nolen is 5.


He is 5.  My sweet Nolen is five.  I thought, a few years ago, that when Nolen reached his 5th birthday, he would be completely and totally healed.  He's not.  And guess what?  That's OK.  I was sort of dreading this birthday because I wasn't sure how I would handle it; however, I am doing OK.  I love who my sweet little Nolen has grown in to.  He is loving and funny.  He is smart!

Nolen loves Minecraft.  
He loves playing Minecraft on the iPad.
Nolen loves going to pre-school.
He loves learning.  
Nolen loves his friends.  
He loves to play pet shop and build his train tracks.
He loves blueberries, popcorn, almond butter sandwiches.
He loves his brother, Edward.
Nolen loves math and numbers.  
He counts to 100 almost every single day. 
Nolen loves his morning smoothie.
He loves routine.
Nolen is creative and likes to draw pictures of the sun surrounded by storm clouds.
He loves lizards, snakes, snails, frogs, and geckos.
Nolen is starting to sound out words rather than memorize them when reading.
He is the MOST loving and caring child I have ever known.  
Nolen LOVES!  He loves anyone and everyone.  No questions asked.
He is silly.  He loves to make the fart noise and laugh and laugh.
Nolen is kind.  He is forgiving.  He is sensitive.


I thought autism would take all these things away from him, but it didn't.  Autism does not define Nolen.  Nolen is a breath of fresh air after a long day.  He smiles.  He giggles.  He makes jokes.  He loves babies and wants to grow up to be a Dad.  He wants four children of his own.  (He also wants a little sister. HA!)  

Today, I gave a talk in church about how Nolen has changed my life for the better.  At the end, I sang a Mormon Hymn, "If you could hie to Kolob".  I barely made it through with out crying.  My life is infinitely better because he is in my life.  I am humble.  I am loving.  I forgive.  My son has taught me more in this 5 years than was able to learn in my entire life. 
I am grateful.  I love him, I love him, I love him.  Forever, he is mine.

I love you, Nolen William Barnes.

Ps: He wants to be called "minecraft" from now on.  HA! 

























No comments: