2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving!

We started our day off at a turkey trek! I have always wanted to have a family tradition of running on thanksgiving. The last time I ran on thanksgiving was 2007 with Todd Waters. We ran 8 miles that morning. If I remember correctly, we ran just under 10 minute miles. Fast forward 8 years and 2 kids and I finally ran again. I convinced Stephen and the boys to run with me this cold November day. The boys ran so fast at their 1k! Edward actually kept up with all the big kids! He was awesome. I ran the 1k with them to keep Nolen going.




Stephen and I ran next. Stephen's time was 29.33 for the 5k! He never runs! I run three times a week. My time was just under 35 minutes. A 12 minute mile. 







After our early morning running, we cooked our turkey and had thanksgiving with just the four of us. It was heavenly. 




The boys set the table, Stephen cooked and carved the turkey, while I made everything else. We went around the table and said what we are thankful for this year. Nolen is thankful for minecraft. Edward is thankful for his iPad and geckos. Stephen is thankful for money and his wife. I am thankful for my family spending the morning with me running. 
Happy thanksgiving!





1 comment:

Paul and Aliisa said...

I am thankful that you blog so I get a small glimpse into your world. Us roommates really are in completely different parts of the country, yet the gospel and family is consistent. Pretty awesome. Love you Julie!