2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Carlsbad, legoland, and the beach

We had an incredible trip to Legoland and Carlsbad California!  Before the trip, we surprised the boys with new iPads.  Nolen does not like his new iPad, but mostly because he doesn't like change.  These new iPads made it almost the whole 13 hour drive to California. 

We arrived a little after 7 on Saturday night and the boys learned to play Carccassone with Grandma!  Edward loved it.  He played the game with her until 10 PM.  The Cottage on the beach was so charming and perfect.  We had three bedrooms and the boys had bunk beds!  It was dreamy!  We were about a 10 minute walk to the beach.  It was a 5 minute drive to Legoland and the shops nearby had good food and yummy desserts!





 
When we arrived at Legoland, I went to the customer service desk and asked if they had a special pass for children with Autism.  YES!  They do!  And it was amazing.  You still had to wait between rides, but you didn't have to wait in the line.  This seriously saved us.  Nolen was able to walk right on to a ride every single time.  We just waited about 30-40 minutes between each ride.  We did have to wait 2 hours between one ride but that was fine.  Legoland offers a ton of fun things for kids to do instead of riding rides. 











The first day at Legoland was total bliss.  We ate lunch and played and played.  Both boys loved it.  I thought they would never want to leave.  That evening we walked down to the Carlsbad beach.  Then they realized the coolness of the ocean.  They played for hours! The sun finally set and we headed home with freezing boys because I didn't think they would actually want to get in the water so I didn't put on their swim suits. 



















Monday morning I asked the boys if they wanted to go to the beach first or Legoland.  They picked the beach. I made an executive decision and we went to legoland first and only stayed until noon so we would have enough time at the beach that evening. 

We started at the Sealife aquarium and the boys really enjoyed it.  After walking through the aquarium they ate a Popsicle and we headed to the park to ride some rides. 





















I paid $40 for the gold wrist band and was able to get every single picture we had taken at the park.  I love pictures.  I can't help it. 

Stephen didn't bring his swim trunks so him and I set off to find some and then stopped for lunch.  It was delicious food right by the sea. 



















































We went back to the beach Tuesday morning before we left.  The boys loved the ocean the most! It was so fun to see their excitement.  They could have played all day.  I am so grateful my parents joined us on our little trip to California.  We have not been on a family vacation (besides to my parents house) since Nolen was diagnosed with autism.  The financial burden has been too heavy.  My parents are truly amazing and they even braved all of the rides with us!! 


We stopped to eat and shop in Barstow and Nolen's ear infection was just killing him, poor kid.



This picture was on the wall at the cottage.  I feel like is sums up our trip. 




1 comment:

Andrea Landaker said...

What a wonderful vacation! I'm glad you posted this; I meant to talk to you about your trip last night but didn't get the chance. :-)