2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Pre-school Graduation

I am getting teary eyed just thinking about writing this post.  

Ms. Lisa has been the absolute best preschool teacher I could have asked for.  She is kind.  Loving.  Supportive.  Educated.  She has the biggest heart of any teacher I have ever known.  No doubt, she has set the bar high.  Both my boys attended her preschool class at Petroglyph Elementary School and she has been a blessing in my life.  I have never once worried if my boys were in any trouble.

Specifically, she was the right teacher for Nolen.  I had to fight to get him in her class and it was worth it.  I had no idea how hard it would be to advocate for a child with disabilities, but it is truly difficult.  I feel so alone sometimes in the battle for justice for my child.  I fight schools, insurance, and therapists.  It is an on going job that I have devoted most of my attention to for the last 3 1/2 years.  

One very special teacher has made that fight worth it.  Ms Lisa will be missed.  I will miss seeing her smile at Nolen and hug him and cherish him.  I will miss her laugh and her big heart.  I know the future is bright because she has been in my boys lives.  I will forever hold teachers to a higher standard because she has always truly cared about my children.  She loves them with her whole heart.  She never judges me or the children in her class.  

Forever, I am grateful to the kindness of one amazing preschool teacher: Ms. Lisa.


















 

No comments: