2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

You Scream, I scream, We all scream for Ice Cream!

Today, we had an incredibly busy day.  I have been trying to slow us down a bit and only do the important things.  So far, my "NO MORE STUPID STUFF" motto for the year is going strong.  We have cut out so many unnecessary things.   I have been good about saying "no" and not signing the boys up for too many activities.  
We still do chores and practice the piano daily at home and that is going great.  The boys don't hate piano but they don't love it.  They don't fight me and we just learn one song a day.  I think they are slowly catching on.  Edward will start cello in the fall and I know this last year of piano has been very helpful.  He will already know how to read the staff and so many more essential musical things that he will be ahead of the game.  I hope.
Today, Edward had a field trip at school.  We walked to the park in the neighborhood behind the school.  It was low key and very relaxing.  I brought Nolen along since his last day of school was yesterday.  
After the field trip, I took Edward out of school early so that he could meet up with his friends and have frozen yogurt.  We laughed and played tag while enjoying the sunshine.  It is finally sunny here!  YAY!
We headed straight to the gym so I could work out.  I have been very diligent in not missing a work out this month.  I feel like my surgery set me back in April, so I am determined to stay on track.  After my work out, I took the boys swimming with our friends.  We call them "The Girls" but really they are not just "The Girls" anymore.  They have a baby boy now.  
They swam for nearly two hours.  So glad I applied sunscreen!  We left swimming just after 5:00 and went to Costco.  We don't have any food (ok, that's not true) in our house so I really had no choice but to make our day end with pizza and hotdogs from costco. 
Once we got home, the boys ran outside to play.  I had one last ice cream in the freezer and I wanted to the boys to eat it now before we start our low sugar summer.  I still had them do their chores and practice the piano before they played a game on their ipads.  

These two boys are amazing!  They are the joys of my life. I love them SO much!!












 Also, I received my pictures and photo album!  I love them!!

No comments: