2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A vacation for the vacationers

We plan all year long for our big summer vacation.  This year did not disappoint.  
My parents drove to New Mexico to see the boys swim in the 8 and under championship meet.  
Nolen swam the entire length of the pool all by himself!  It was so awesome.  He did free style and breast stroke.
Edward did very well in his three events; free style, breast stroke, and butterfly.  My parents took pictures and made a slow motion video.  It is hilarious!!

On Monday, we said good bye to Stephen and headed over to Kingman.  I spent my birthday helping my sister clean out her closet.  Seriously, one of my favorite things to do.  I love helping people unclutter their lives.  After hours of sorting through clothes, we dropped off a load of them at the thrift shop and headed over to my favorite Kingman eatery, Mr. D's.  They have the BEST root beer!



I lounged around for a few days, then I met Craig and Blair in Las Vegas for a real birthday celebration.  We had so much fun in the cabana they rented.  As we entered the pool, it started to rain so we quickly loaded up our gear and went up to the two room suite.  OH MY! This suite was out standing!  When you entered the suite, There was a bathroom to the right and just next to the bathroom was a full kitchen.  The suite also had a dinning table for 8 people and a large comfy couch.  The best part was the bedroom.  Both rooms had a stellar view of the fountains with picture windows to boot!  There were his and her BATHROOMS!!  The hers side of the bathroom had a jetted tub, a vanity area, and a bidet!  The his side of the bathroom had a steam shower and double sinks.  We had such an amazing time.  We ate, we laughed, we slept!
While I was there, I took Blair's 30th birthday pictures.  She looks AMAZING!  













Friday, we packed up our stuff and headed up to St. George to meet the rest of the Family.  My parents graciously watched my boys and drove them up to Utah where we met up.  We rented two condos for the Independence Day weekend.  Each condo had four bedrooms each with their own bathroom.  This was VERY important as we have stayed in many places and sharing a bathroom with 14 people is never fun.  
The condo had a pool right out our back door and was located next to the Green Valley Gap.  We ordered pizza and played games on Friday then feel into a deep sleep!  

Saturday, we drove over to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes and rode motorcycles all morning.  We had a few bikes that couldn't make it in the deep sand, so I ended up pushing Edward up a steep hill to get his bike out of the sand.  I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest.  
We rented sand boards for the day and I have to say, that was one of my favorite parts of the sand dunes.  I loved riding the board down the side of the dune.  
Saturday night, we went to see Peter Pan at Tuachan.  It was a great show.  I was exhausted and contemplated sleeping in my chair during intermission.  



















Sunday, we all woke up and went to Fast and Testimony meeting.  It was such a spiritual meeting and so fun to be there with the entire family.  My Dad got up and spoke about the importance of family.  It's funny how life goes.  At 18, I really wanted nothing to do with my family.  I thought my friends were all that I would ever need.  Now, at 35 I could not see myself surviving with out them.  They are the single most important thing in my life.  I live for them. 
Sunday evening, we dressed up and took family pictures.  We also took some glamor shots of Kendra and Sharla.  It was really fun.  











Monday morning we woke up early and went zip lining.  As we started driving to the shop my dad proclaimed, "I have a sinking feeling."  We all died laughing.  Zip lining was SO much fun.  It was seriously a high light of the trip.  

After Zip lining, we went and got smoothies and pedicures.  While waiting, we started singing in the car and have a serious jam session.  Laughing and laughing we made the funniest video of our version of Adele's "Hello".  

While we were out getting pedicures, some of the family was out motorcycling behind the condo.  Jared lost his phone out in the desert.  They searched high and low for his phone.  Craig was able to locate the phone using google.  It was at SOMEONE'S HOUSE!  So we all walked over to the house.  We probably looked like a gang of sorts.  They guy came out and tried to say he didn't have the phone.  But he was lying.  I thought there was going to be some kind of fight, but all was well when the guy finally said he did have the phone.  

Monday night, we set off fire works and went night swimming.  The boys were exhausted.  They could barely keep their eyes open to watch the fire works.  



















Tuesday morning, we packed up and cleaned the condo.  We met everyone at Ikea for lunch in Las Vegas then went to the children's museum.  The boys had so much fun playing with all the cool stuff at the museum.









We went back to Kingman and spent the rest of the week just lounging around playing carcassone and loosing to my parents.  
Wednesday, we went to Flagstaff for my dad's knee appointment then went up to see the Grand Canyon.  The boys had never been and I admit, I had forgotten the magnificence of the Canyon.
















Friday, we went to the lake near my parents house.  My parents have been working on this boat for the last year.  It sank when we were at the lake last year and this was the first year it actually worked and we all had a blast!!






















I absolutely love my time with family. These are memories I will cherish forever.
For Stephen's birthday, we took him to the "finest steak house in Kingman".  Actually, my steak wasn't too bad and I think Stephen did enjoy his ribs.  The service, however, was awful. 
These moments and memories are mine forever.  This was a truly successful family vacation where we all grew closer together.  I love my family. 

No comments: