2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

And so....

And so begins a transition in my life.  Both my sweet boys are off at school for six hours a day.  I have decided to take some much needed time to myself to heal.  I have been running on empty for a few years now. I slowed our lives down in January and I feel much better; however, I still constantly feel pulled in a million different directions. I still find it difficult to say no when my friends have the very best intentions. For now, I am taking time to heal.
Today, I enjoyed every minute of being a mother.  OK, not every moment.  I woke up happy and made my boys breakfast.  They ate while I read the last chapter of Helaman in the Book of Mormon.  We talked about Samuel the Lamenite and the importance of being honest with our fellow man.  The boys swung on their therapy swing while I prepared their lunches for school.  We left in time for school and the boys walked happily to their classes.
I went straight home and ran three miles then did yoga.  I paid some bills and talked with Stephen before heading upstairs for a much needed bubble bath.  I got dressed and even put on mascara! I never wear makeup.
I went downstairs to start on a project for Nolen. His teacher asked all the parents to write a life story about their children. I started writing Nolen's story and burst in to tears after year one. I didn't know what to write. For Edwards story, I wrote many stories about his first six years. I couldn't think of one story about Nolen that didn't have to do with autism.  I do not want to share his diagnosis with his class.  I want to share his laugh and silliness with the class.  I want them to know he has a fighting spirit that never gives up, even against all odds.  I want his classmates to know that even though he has faced tremendous challenges early on in life, he is strong. He is wise. I do not want autism to be his only story. I love this little boy and I am more upset with myself for not remembering all his little adventures that have nothing to do with his diagnosis. I cried. I'll be better. I'll write an amazing life story that will tell of his light, his love, and his courage.
After a long cry, I started my laundry then did a few more necessary chores before leaving to pick up the boys from school.
After retrieving the boys from school, we headed over to Allie Mack's house to freshen up the boys haircuts.  They look stunning! To celebrate our montra of no more stupid stuff, we went over to Menchies to have some frozen yogurt. 
The boys came home, did their chores, practiced the piano, and played their one hour of iPad time.  While they played I made dinner. We ate and talked about our favorite parts of the day.  After dinner we played then headed up to take a bath and get ready for bed. We read books then played games before saying our prayers and going to bed. It has been an amazing day filled with joys and sorrows.  I really hope I can keep this momentum going. This is the kind of woman, wife, and mom I want to be.

2 comments:

KT said...

Oh my sister, I love and admire you. You have such a sweet loving spirit that eminates from you where ever you go. You are a great mom with wonderful loving kind boys.

Andrea Landaker said...

Awww, so true. I love what you said here. And we should do lunch sometime! :-D