2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

First day of school!!




Today is the day I have been dreading and looking forward to for 3 years.  When Nolen was diagnosed with autism, we were told that once he hit 5 it would be harder to change his personality.  Over the last 3 years, we have worked extremely hard to teach him everything he needs to know before he met with his peers in Kindergarten.  After years of tears, therapy, and love, Nolen is ready!
I have to admit, I was apprehensive.

Monday, I took Nolen in to meet his teacher, Ms. Cynthia.  She is so genuine and kind.  Nolen did not say one single word to her or the teachers aid.  I started to get nervous for him as we left the school.
When Nolen walked in to his classroom he was confidant and excited.  I picked him up at noon and he said he had the best day.  He even made a friend, Conner!  Ms. Cynthia watched out for Nolen the entire day.  She loves planets and space.  She is a perfect match for Nolen.  He loves all the planets and learning about the universe.

Edward has the same teacher he had last year, Ms. Tricia.  We loved her last year.  She is kind and compassionate.  She pushed Edward to learn new things in a loving environment.  Edward was not nervous about going to school today.  He went straight to his classroom and dropped off his supplies.  He smiled from ear to ear when he saw Ms. Tricia.

I am so grateful we found a school where our boys can learn and grow.  I did feel a little tearful as I walked away from Nolen's classroom because my life is changing.  I am excited for my future and what it holds.  This year will be amazing!!

No comments: