2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Girls Camp

Last January, I was called to be the Girls Camp director for my ward.  I was so excited for the call.  I have always loved Young Women's activities in my church.  I remember what it felt like to be a teen and how precarious that time was in my life.  I loved my leaders.  They were always so caring and amazing.   They sacrificed so much for me.  My time up at girls camp as a teen was AMAZING!  Mostly because my Mom was my leader for many years.  She worked so hard for the girls.  


I have been preparing for camp for the last 6 months.  I had so many great ideas.  But more importantly, I wanted to spend time with the girls up at camp and let each and every one of them know they are special and a true daughter of God.  I had no idea that they would touch my heart so deeply.  I loved my time with the girls.  I am coming home on a true spiritual high.  

Monday, I drove my boys to Arizona to spend the week with my parents.  I was a little worried and I knew I would miss them; however, I also knew they would be in good hands.  Stephen and I got home late Monday night and I frantically ran around getting the last few things ready for camp.

Tuesday morning I met the girls at the church and we loaded up.  We drove an hour and half up to the mountains and set up our camp.  Then it poured.  For hours.  I had put a huge tarp on my tent and had all my bases covered.  Luckily, nothing got wet!  YAY!  Stephen bought me some water proof hiking shoes and I am so grateful!  My feet were never wet.  I did; however, forget to put the firewood under the pavilion, so it got soaked.  The one thing I wasn't prepared for was starting the fire every day and night.  I should have brought flint and lighter fluid. Lesson learned.

It rained all Tuesday night.  I went in and out of sleep, but I slept dry and that's all that matters, right? Wednesday we had such a great day walking around to activities and playing games with the girls.  Thursday we went on a nice 4 mile hike up the mountain behind camp.  I walked with a few girls and learned so much about their life.  Friday we did a high copes/low copes course.  It was a team building activity that brought the girls together.  I loved it!

I am so grateful that I was called as the Camp Director this year.  I will never forget my time with these special girls.  They will always hold a special place in my heart.















No comments: