2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Exhale....

This being perfect stuff is for the birds.  
We play so many different roles in our lives, sometimes it is nearly impossible to keep it all together.  
Woman.
Wife.
Mother. 
Daughter.
Sister. 
Friend.
Singer.
Lover.
Driver.
Teacher.
Coach.
Mentor.
The list goes on and on.
We are asked to fill these roles by society.  By our families.  By our friends. I love to fill these roles and I try to do them to the best of my ability.  Some days, it all gets too hard.  
I have been cracking at the seams lately. 
My world comes crashing down the moment I get sick.  Of course.
I have loved having a lot of personal time during the day.  Six hours does seem to go fast when I fill it up with too many unnecessary things.   I have been getting better and better at cutting things out this year.  My motto, "No more stupid stuff!" has helped me stay grounded.  It is interesting how more things start creeping in to my schedule.  I have had to sort through my priorities weekly and make a decision of what is most important and what isn't important.  
My priorities remain unchanged.
God
Stephen
Edward & Nolen
Family
Exercise & Health
Music
I will not apologize for my priorities.  These are my choices.  Friends are not even in the top ten.  For now, my friends are my family and my amazing husband.  I am so lucky to be best friends with my siblings, my parents, and my spouse.  These relationships are extremely important to me.  These are the people with whom I would like to spend my days, hours, and minutes.  
I love them.  
I will continue to fill the impossible roles of society.  At this point, I do not think this is something we can change.  But I want to do it with out the stigma of being perfect.
Here I sit, perfectly imperfect. 

1 comment:

Andrea Landaker said...

So true! I love this song to remind me of that... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw0JyLq0IFo