2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Student led Conferences

Friday, the boys had student led conferences at their school.  I love the idea of a student led conference.  Both boys were so excited to show off what they have been learning in school.  Nolen started off by pouring me a glass of tea and putting cookies on a plate.  Then he put it all on a tray and walked it over to a desk.  I was a little worried he would drop or spill something on the tray, but he did amazing!  I love that they give the kids glass to work with at school.  We sat and had our snacks then he cleaned up our stuff so we could look at the works he had chosen.  Nolen has been working so hard in school.  He loves math and reading.  He showed me a reading work that he had to figure out what the vowel sound was then a greater than or less than work.  He also showed me a planet work.  

I love the Montessori method!  Nolen is thriving.  He has gained confidence and loves going to school.  His teachers love him!  

Edward took Stephen to his classroom.  They spent the entire hour going through all of Edward's work.  He showed Stephen his multiplication work and his journal.  Edward's teacher is impressive!  She continues to challenge Edward.  She understands his needs and knows his strengths.  There have been some hiccups at this school but the positives out way the negatives.  The boys are learning and growing each day.  Edward loves learning the cello.  He has a big concert coming up in March and I am so excited to hear him. 

No comments: