2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Leavin' Las Vegas!


Oh my!  We had the BEST time in Las Vegas, Nevada for Spring Break this year!  We left Albuquerque early Sunday morning and drove all day to reach Vegas.  On our way, we dropped the boys off with my parents in Kingman.  Craig, Blair, Kendra, Michael, Stephen, and I all booked a huge two room suite at the Bellagio!  It was so luxurious.  The suite has a small kitchen, large dinning room with a six person table, and couch separating two bedrooms.  Each bedroom has  his and hers bathrooms that are to DIE for!  The hers side of the bathroom has a spacious tub and a bidet.  The his side of the bathroom has a steam shower with a large closet.  It is just amazing.  The views are so thrilling.  We watched the fountains each night before we went to bed.  
Sunday evening, we had tickets to see "O" by Cirque du Soleil.  The dancers were suspended from high wires and dove into water.  It was an incredible site.  We ordered room service for dinner then promptly fell right to sleep.
















Monday, we had planned to spend the day at the pool; however, the weather had something else in mind.  Wind.  Way too much wind.  We didn't even dip our toes in the water.  We decided to go shopping instead.  That evening, we ate at Yardbird.  I should have had the chicken and waffles, it looked delicious.  
Tuesday, we went to the flying trapeze and each of us took our turn as the wind whipped our hair in our eyes.  It was so scary!  I wasn't able to do all the tricks, but I did try.  I allowed my fear to get the best of me.  We planned to spend the rest of the day at the spa.  I am so glad we did.  It was so relaxing.  We each had massages and then spent the rest of our time in one of the four Jacuzzi tubs or in the steam rooms.  After showering, we went to eat at Vic & Anthony's on Freemont street.  After dinner we took Kendra's 30th birthday pictures.  Oh, Freemont street was crazy!  I sort of like the Bellagio side of the strip, I admit.  





Wednesday, we ordered room service for breakfast and packed up to head home.  We ordered a cake to sing Happy Birthday to Kendra and Craig.  After saying our goodbye's, we picked up our boys and took them to the children's museum.  We even ran in to our friends at the museum!  Small world!  The boys had the best time at the museum.  There is so much to see and do.  We drove back to Kingman and spent the night with my parents before heading home.  


Spring break was so relaxing.  I am so thankful to my parents for watching the boys while we took a few days to unwind from the daily grind. 




1 comment:

KT said...

Best spring break ever! I am so glad I could tag along!