2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Classroom Concerts

Every year, I resolve to slow down and do only the most important things.  I try to do things that will allow me to continue to live my life to the fullest while spending quality time with my children.  Our society has become extremely fixated on the word, "busy".  Most people swap the word busy for "important" in their minds.  If one is busy, than they must be important.  
I have found this to be the exact opposite.  Each day that I am overly "busy" I feel chaotic.  I feel like I did a million things and none of them really had any value.  
Unfortunately, there are just days, weeks, and months that no matter how much I try there is just too much to do and not enough time to get them done.  I try to carefully plan my days so that this doesn't happen; however, I didn't anticipate all the end of the school year field trips, concerts, and other miscellaneous activities.  
Today, I over filled my day.  
It started off so innocent.  
Wake up.
Get dressed.
Work out.
Make breakfast.
Take kids to school.
Watch Edward perform in two classroom concerts.
Go on a 12 mile bike ride.
Watch Nolen's classroom concert.  
Go home. 
Shower.
Grocery Shop.
Eat lunch and teach a piano lesson at the same time.
Pick up boys from school.
Teach another piano lesson.
Get gas.
Swim team.
Get water.
Fix dinner.
Do three days worth of dishes.
Cub Scouts.
Bed time.
Remembered that I needed to get the boys hair cut. (too late)
Edit photo sessions.
Type a blog post.

Anyhow, I took a few videos of the boys at their concerts.  They both are just so dang cute!  How did they get so handsome.   I love them.  I don't mind doing a million things for them.  This is the only time I will be able to do this kind of work in my life.  Edward will be driving in 8 years.  He won't need me as much.  I might as well soak this "Mom" life up while I can.  

Enjoy!






No comments: