2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Recitals in June

These two boys are just amazing!  I have been teaching them piano for a year and a half now.  They are getting better at practicing each day (and I am getting better at making sure they practice every single day)!  I have found a pretty good system that motivates my boys to practice.  After school, the boys have to do their chores, practice the piano and cello, and finish any homework that is sent home.  Then they can earn their 1 hour of ipad time.  It also helps me remember to stay off the ipad or computer until that one hour a day.  I limit myself and them at the same time!  I have to say, it is SO hard!! 
This summer is no different.  I scheduled ipad time for 2:00 in the afternoon and the boys have lots of little things they have to get done before they can get their ipad.  One of them is practicing their instruments.  I love hearing them learn and grow each day.  I have also LOVED watching each of my students grow and gain confidence.  I love teaching piano!!  

No comments: