2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Jump for Joy! It's the first day of school!

Today is the first day of school!!  
Edward is going in to third grade and Nolen is going in to first grade. 
They are both so excited to start a new year of school.
Edward's teacher, Ms. Tricia, left the school, so he has a new teacher, Ms. Sarah.  She seems extremely well prepared and ready for the challenges of teaching first through third grade.
Nolen has a new teacher, Mr. Seth.  We took both boys to meet their new teachers yesterday and it really seemed to go well until we got in the car and Nolen completely melted down.  He was in a full on autism melt down for 2 hours.  He finally calmed down once he took a bath.  It was so tough.  I didn't know how to help him.  He had so much anxiety about his new teacher, Mr. Seth.  I wonder if it was because his teacher is male, or if it was simply because summer was officially over.  I don't know.  I tried everything to get Nolen to calm down.  Nothing was working.  His brain had shifted into panic attack mode and he just couldn't handle life. That's autism in a nutshell.  It's hard some days.  I am so thankful to have a great support system and an amazingly patient husband.  










No comments: