2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Book of Mormon Challenge

Back in September, my ward relief society challenged us to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. As many of you know, I am a horribly slow reader. I figured it would be impossible for me to read the entire book in a year let alone four months.

I set out on the challenge. The relief society provided a wonderful guide for finishing the book; however, it required daily reading. I decided I was up for the challenge and began reading to Edward at breakfast each morning.

Obviously, today is January 7, 2010, so I didn't finish by the end of the year... but pretty close. I have learned so much more through this challenge and my testimony of Jesus Christ has grown because of our daily studying and prayer.

If you are looking for a great way to start your day, here is the guide I followed.
Enjoy :)
Day 1 1 Nephi 1-3
2 4-6
3 7-10
4 11-12
5 13-14
6 15-16
7 17-18
8 19-20
9 21-22
10 2 Nephi 1-2
11 3-4
12 5-7
13 8-9
14 10-12
15 13-18
16 19-23
17 24-25
18 26-27
19 28-30
20 31-33
21 Jacob 1-3
22 4-5
23 6-7
24 Enos, Jarom, Omni
25 Words of Mormon, Mosiah 1
26 2-3
27 4-5
28 6-9
29 10-11
30 13-15



Month 2
1 Mosiah 16-18
2 19-21
3 22-24
4 25-26
5 27-29
6 Alma 1-2
7 3-4
8 5-6
9 7-9
10 10-11
11 12-13
12 14-15
13 16-17
14 18-19
15 20-22
16 23-24
17 25-27
18 28-30
19 31-32
20 33-34
21 35-36
22 37-39
23 40-42
24 43-44
25 45-46
26 47-48
28 49-50
29 51-52
30 53-55



Month 3
1 Alma 56-57
2 58-60
3 61-62
4 63; Helaman 1-2
5 3-4
6 5-6
7 7-9
8 10-11
9 12-13
10 14-16
11 3 Nephi 1-3
12 4-6
13 7-9
14 10-11
15 12-15
16 16-18
17 19-20
18 21-23
19 24-27
20 28-30
21 4 Nephi; Mormon 1-2
22 3-5
23 6-8
24 9; Ether 1
25 2-5
26 6-8
27 9-11
28 12-13
29 14-15; Moroni 1-5
30 6-7
31 8-10

3 comments:

Team Skousen said...

WOW! Great job!

Unknown said...

That doesn't look too bad, I think I'll take a whack at it, Thanks.

Meri said...

Okay, Julie. You are completely inspiring me! The menu! The Book of Mormon! The musical! You go, Girl!