This morning, we woke up at 4:30 AM to drive down to the Bosque del Apache south of Socorro, New Mexico. We had heard this was one of the most beautiful sites to see in New Mexico. My parents are spending a year in Albuquerque, so I figured I would give them a tour of the state while they are living here. I asked my friend Melanie what she did for her year in Albuquerque and she sent me an amazing list. I plan to check off as many things as we can.
This morning, it was 20 degrees when we arrived at the park. I think the birds were frozen in place. The water around the Sandhill Cranes legs was completely frozen. The cranes usually do a mass ascension at day break but I think it was just too cold. Some birds did fly off, but it was in packs of two and three. The coolest part of the day was seeing three Bald Eagles sitting on a dead tree out in the water.
It was still absolutely stunning and so quiet that early in the morning. The best part of the day was eating breakfast at Sophia's Kitchen. If you have a chance, stop by and order a cinnamon bun. They are fresh made early in the morning and the most delicious treat!
When we got home we took Edward shooting. He wanted to shoot a real gun for his birthday. Nolen shot a gun for the first time with Stephen. They both had a blast!!





























No comments:
Post a Comment