2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Saturday, December 19, 2020

December, December O let me Remember

 I have found myself at a loss for words these last few weeks.  This last week, especially, has been difficult to say the least.  Last Thursday, my sisters company was involved in a fatal car crash killing 5 cyclists.  The news was crushing.  I had read about the accident on social media Friday morning then my parents let me know that is was one of my sisters drivers.  It was awful.  The police came out days later stating that he was high on methamphetamine.  I am at a loss for words.  

So many lives were ruined that day and affected by one mans choice to do drugs.  It is just terrible.  I have tried to be there for my sister but it has been extremely difficult.  I don't exactly know what to say or do to help her in this situation.  She could easily lose everything.  

Stephen has wanted to sell our house, so we have been doing small updates to make it look better. I need to spend this next week painting and updating a few things that look awful.  There are so many things that need to be done.  For starters, we ordered a new oven and we paid to have it installed.  Well, Lowes came to drop it off but not to install.  So my dad and I spent hours fixing it because the door was locked closed. It took Stephen yanking on the door to get it to open finally.  

Last night, my dad also replaced the toilet upstairs.  The boys toilet has been terrible.  It doesn't work right at it is small.  I am so glad my dad replaced it!  Best Christmas present EVER!  




 

I was so excited to have a recital for my piano and voice students this December. I called a lot of churches and finally found one that would allow us to perform.  THEN one day before we were set to have the recital, they cancelled due to covid.  The entire staff came down with covid.  I was so sad and my students were devostated.  I guess we will wait until May of 2021 to have an outdoor recital if necessary.

This December, we have already had a lot of snow.  Every time is snows, the boys run outside and play in it for as long as they can possibly stand it! Snow makes up happy! We have also been playing a LOT of board games.


There has only been a few places we have been able to go through out this pandemic.  The jump park is one of them.  We have even been the only ones in the jump park at some times.  






Lastly, to end this post on an amazing note, we set up our Christmas tree!! YAY!  Always a bright spot in our celebrating!






No comments: