2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Monday, January 31, 2022

Melanie!

 My friend Melanie came to visit for two days.  It was dreamy.  We never slept.  We talked all day and all night.  I had rehearsal so that sort of got in the way, but we got so much done.  We went on two walks, painted a wall, and decorated the shelves.  










I am so glad I got to spend some quality with Melanie.  She means the world to me and our friendship has grown so much over the years.  I am so glad we live closer.  While she was here I wanted to snap a photo of us by the river.  We walked down to the river and I turned to get a photo.  As I took the photo, my phone slipped out of my hand and fell right in to the river.  It was like slow motion.  It hit the ground then slid right into the water.  I jumped in with my new Nike running shoes on and new Zyia running gloves.  I felt around where I saw the phone disappear and didn't feel the phone.  Then I moved my hand just a bit and caught the side of it.  I grabbed again and pulled my phone out of the water.  I am so glad I found it!  The Rio Grande is a muddy river!  I am sure I would have never found it had I not jumped in as quickly as I did.  We finished our walk and my hands and feet were frozen the entire time.



 
I have also decided I do not spend enough quality time with my boys.  AND for that reason I am so upset at myself for saying yes to doing Frida, the opera with Opera Southwest.  It was a mistake.  It takes up so much time and I just do not have that kind of time to give.  I work 20+ hours a week, home school my boys, and I am training for a marathon.  I really should have thought through all the things that are important to me and being a part of an opera is not one of them right now.  
With this in mind, I decided to take my boys on a little date just to remind them (and me) that I love them.


 


No comments: