This was truly a trip of a life time. I am so glad that I planned this trip over the last year. My family had a great time and a much needed respite after the death of my mother.
We left early Wednesday morning for the airport. Packing for this trip was a little difficult because I am not sure I really had the emotional capacity to think through what I needed for a trip in Hawaii. In the end I only brought bathing suits and some shorts. That's all I needed.
We arrived in Lihue around 2:00 in the afternoon, which was perfect! Our rental car company picked us up and drove us to the costco parking lot, which again, was perfect. Our first stop on our trip was costco! We got pizza, hot dogs, and a smoothie as our first meal in Hawaii and then went shopping for all the food we would need for the week.
We checked into our condo and then made some delicious costco dinner. By then it was dark so we headed down to the beach to touch the water and get some Hawaiian shaved ice. Roosters are EVERYWHERE on this island! It is so crazy how many we saw even in the shops!
Our second day in Hawaii was spent in the pool. We signed up to learn to scuba dive in Hawaii for our entire trip. So the first day we trained in the pool for six hours. It was a really long day. We had to do five days of learning compressed into one day. I don't think any of us were ready for that. It was really cool to put on the scuba gear for the first time and swim around in the pool.
Once we finished up our pool learning, we drove to the west side of the island and hiked around a bit and then stopped by the beach before we drove back to our condo for some much needed rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment