We joined a kickball league this summer. It has been fun and a little stressful because the team actually wants to win. It is a group of post mormons and dentists. They are all really fun. We have won some games and lost a lot of games. I learned I am a terrible player because I really do not care. I love to just have fun. Stephen actually got mad at a ref for one of his calls, but what can we do? Nothing!
My friend Melanie flew to help me pack up my house. I have been dragging my feet because part of me was thinking we wouldn't actually move. But the time came and I had to go through everything I owned so that I could either donate it, sell it, or pack it. That's where Melanie came in. We went through almost all the rooms of the house expect the kitchen. My friend Mary Rogers helped me pack the garage the weekend before Melanie came, so I did get one thing done!
During the packing of the house, Nolen had his wisdom teeth removed. It actually went pretty smoothly. He was in a lot of pain the second day, but once we got that managed, it went well.
Stephen had a fun going away party for his last day at work. He invited his whole team to come out and say goodbye. So many people showed up! It was the perfect way to end his 18 years here in Albuquerque.
All the rest is just odds and ends of July. Our roof leaked. I biked from my house for the last time. I ran from my house for the last time. I sat in my beautiful back yard for the last time. It was all heartbreaking.
Stephen and I took a little getaway after we moved everything from the house to my dad's house. IT WAS SO AMAZING. We had the most incredible night. Memories for a lifetime. I convinced Stephen to streak in the moonlight at Ojo Santa Fe. It was so cool. I would relive that night over and over.
No comments:
Post a Comment