2026 Family Moto

Laugh more

Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Condo...

I have been thinking about my first big purchase. A condo. I bought the house in 2006. I paid a hefty sum of money for my 1600 square foot peace of earth. This home has brought me more grief than any other person or thing EVER. I have always had the feeling I should keep the Condo. Keep paying for something that I will never get a "return on my investment". As I sit here tonight with ruined credit and hopes and dreams smashed I was starting to think, "What has this house done for others?" rather than, "What has the house done for me?"
For the first time in 3 years, I think I finally understand why I needed to keep paying for the Condo even when times were really tough for Stephen and I. You see, the condo is located in Gilbert, Arizona. I am located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. When Stephen and I moved the market was just beginning to crash. We probably could have sold it then and not have been too far off the mark. That was three years go. The Condo is now worth less than $100,000. I paid double that and more.
"What has the condo done for me?" Ruined my credit. "What has the condo done for others?" This house has been a home to many people in the last 5 years. To name a few...
Julie and Stephen.
Chelsea and Denni. These two were our first roommates. Chel as going through a difficult divorce and needed to seek refuge. She came to me and the Condo.
Deena. Deena moved in right after her divorce. Sadly, she was killed in a tragic car accident a few months later. (Lesson here, don't drive when sleepy. PERIOD!)
Pattie. My Mom moved in for the summer while she was going to ASU.
Wade. Wade was my roommate when Stephen moved to OKC. He lived there until he married my sister, Sharla.
Sonya and Jeremiah. These two lovebirds moved in right as I was moving out to head to NM. They moved in twice.
Various Tenants.
Maybe this home wasn't meant to be a huge blessing for me. MAYBE this home was meant to be a huge blessing for others who were in need of a cheap place to live. Maybe this Condo was their blessing.
I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be a home owner even though it has ended in a complete disaster on my end; however, there are many lives who were helped by this great place to live. I am incredibly sad to see it go. A life lesson was learned on my behalf and I am grateful to share my little peace of earth with all of you.
Good-Bye 4149.

5 comments:

Andrea Landaker said...

Oh, way to see the positive in that difficult situation! :-)

Heidi said...

Jules, you have no idea how much I needed that!! About 30 minutes ago, we received our Notice of Trustee Sale letter in the mail. Even though we knew this day was coming, I still cried like a baby. I always think about how much this will affect my husband's credit (I never signed on the house because we weren't married at the time). I know I need to think positively, and your blog is starting to make me think that way. Thanks for that...I really needed it!!!

Lindsey and Brett said...

It has had quite the life with you. Did you find a buyer?

Unknown said...

Thanks for showing us what we need to look for. Sometimes our hardships are there to help others.

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

Love this post Julie! What a great attitude - those relationships are what you'll carry with you in the next life. The bad credit stays here on earth :)