2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

One small miracle at a time

Me: "Nolen, do you want a strawberry?"
Nolen: "YES!"
Usually, when I ask Nolen a question it is complete silence followed by a blank stare.  I have grown accustomed to this reaction.  Last night, I asked a simple question that I was not expecting to receive a response to.  Then he said, "YES!"  He said, yes!  He said, YES!  I am so happy.  So extremely happy.  ABA therapy is working miracles.  My relentless question asking is finally paying off.  I try to treat Nolen like an average kid, so I ask him things and tell him to do things that I know he can't or won't do.  He finally said yes!  This is me with tears of true joy!
Also, last night I knew that Nolen needed to poop.  (TMI, I know).  So I took off his diaper and put him on the potty.  He didn't poop.  So he climbed down and went back to playing.  Suddenly, he ran in and asked for a diaper.  I said, "Do you need to poop?"  No answer.  I ran him to the potty.  He climbed on and pooped!!!  WHAT?  Two miracles in a row! 
First, the power of prayer is amazing.  I have prayed and prayed for my sweet Nolen to come back to me.  It is a painstakingly slow process.  I am on the Lord's time.  Not mine.  I know the miracles I see are because of my constant prayer.  I love my sweet little Nolen.  Here's to future miracles and finding happiness in the moment. 
 
Oh, AND I feel like I can officially say: Nolen is sleeping through the night!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Jewls, I never comment on here, but I read often and I want you to know how much I think about you and pray for you. I am so happy you are seeing progress and miracles and I am so impressed by your patience and love for Nolen and Edward. You are a wonderful mother and an example to me.

Kayla said...

Amazing news Julie! The work you are doing sounds so difficult. I am so happy you are seeing results.

Heidi said...

Amazing, Jules!!! I am so beyond excited for you!!! Yay, little Nolen! Keep up the great work, little buddy! :)