Me: "Nolen, do you want a strawberry?"
Nolen: "YES!"
Usually, when I ask Nolen a question it is complete silence followed by a blank stare. I have grown accustomed to this reaction. Last night, I asked a simple question that I was not expecting to receive a response to. Then he said, "YES!" He said, yes! He said, YES! I am so happy. So extremely happy. ABA therapy is working miracles. My relentless question asking is finally paying off. I try to treat Nolen like an average kid, so I ask him things and tell him to do things that I know he can't or won't do. He finally said yes! This is me with tears of true joy!
Also, last night I knew that Nolen needed to poop. (TMI, I know). So I took off his diaper and put him on the potty. He didn't poop. So he climbed down and went back to playing. Suddenly, he ran in and asked for a diaper. I said, "Do you need to poop?" No answer. I ran him to the potty. He climbed on and pooped!!! WHAT? Two miracles in a row!
First, the power of prayer is amazing. I have prayed and prayed for my sweet Nolen to come back to me. It is a painstakingly slow process. I am on the Lord's time. Not mine. I know the miracles I see are because of my constant prayer. I love my sweet little Nolen. Here's to future miracles and finding happiness in the moment.
Oh, AND I feel like I can officially say: Nolen is sleeping through the night!

3 comments:
Jewls, I never comment on here, but I read often and I want you to know how much I think about you and pray for you. I am so happy you are seeing progress and miracles and I am so impressed by your patience and love for Nolen and Edward. You are a wonderful mother and an example to me.
Amazing news Julie! The work you are doing sounds so difficult. I am so happy you are seeing results.
Amazing, Jules!!! I am so beyond excited for you!!! Yay, little Nolen! Keep up the great work, little buddy! :)
Post a Comment