2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

School, soccer, therapy, gymnastics, piano... Oh,my!

We have been so active since school began. We do not have a single day off from life. Ha! I am teaching my boys to grab life by the horns and ride! (If only I had horses!) Soccer season has been challenging, to say the least. Stephen works on Saturdays so it is my job to get the boys to their games. The first games of the season were at the same time at different soccer fields! So intense. I am so grateful to have good friends who help me out. My parents even came in town last week for a quick visit and to help me on soccer Saturday's. 
Saturday mornings we have piano class at UNM. It has been intense. Sadly, it is a waste of our time. I was hoping the teacher would engage the children and light a fire of excitement while fostering a love of learning. She doesn't. I do most of the work myself. Next semester I plan to get them private piano lessons if I can afford it. 
I bribe my boys with doughnuts for our early mornings at UNM. 
Sunday Edward gave a talk in primary and did great. He was upset that he had to actually get up and talk but once he walked to the front he did just fine. Nolen even grabbed a hymn book and tried to sing along! 

Monday's Stephen and Edward ride dirt bikes together. It is such a special time to spend with Dad. Edward is getting better and better at keeping his balance. 


Nolen is back down to therapy only two times a week for now while we look for another therapist. He is doing so great and he really likes his new therapist, Jenn. Our lives are so full and I am so happy. We savor our down time and even a nice warm bath and a few snuggles mean the world to me. 





1 comment:

Andrea Landaker said...

Soccer make Saturdays so busy!! :-) Glad to see you are doing well.