2017 Family Moto


6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowingbeforehand the things which I should do.

7 Nevertheless I went forth...

1st Nephi Chapter 4:6-7

"Make sure they remember joy yesterday, experience joy today, and anticipate joy tomorrow."


Motherhood Mission Statement

To provide a loving environment that is centered around God and His commandments while effectively teaching my children to love, honor, and respect all Men no matter the race, creed, or background.

Click on Nolen's name to hear our amazing journey through autism.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Sensitive doesn't equal weakness....

Happy Birthday, to my beautiful mother!
My Mom is gracious, kind, loving, and forgiving.  I know all of this first hand.  Let me take you back 28 years ago.  I was a wild 7 year old with an attitude to match.  I do not recall what my mother and I were arguing about, but I do remember what I said.  "I hate you!" I said it as I ran through the office in the garage.  I was going to run away.  My mom was trying to convince me to stay.  This was the first time I had ever told her I didn't love her.  I knew it would cut her deep because she is sensitive.  
As a child I used to think that sensitive people were not strong.  I was wrong.  After having children, I have learned that the sensitive people are necessary.  I have always closed off my heart and not allowed people in to my core.  I have since learned to be sensitive.  To allow others to see who I truly am and allowing myself to love them back.  
 
These things, I have learned from my mother.  She has a big heart.  She loves deeply.  She loves forever.  She is kind.  She always gives even when she has very little to left to give.  She has such beauty inside, that it shines throughout in the darkest of times.  
 
I love her.  With my entire heart.  She has taught me, through her example, how to love deeply.  She has taught me how to be a good mother.  I hear a lot, "You're such a good mom, Julie."  Well, I owe it all to my mom.  Her patience and forgiveness for me as a child were just what I needed. 
 
Thank you, Mom, for always being sensitive.  The world needs more sensitive people like you.

No comments: